THE entire complex surrounding the Chinchilla Starmart Service station - known as the Village Travel Centre - was evacuated briefly this morning after a gas leak.
Chinchilla Fire Station Lieutenant Dale Wheeler said firefighters were called to the service station at around 7.50am after reports of an LPG leak from a gas bowser at the service station.
He said staff at the service station found a leaking valve under the bowser itself and isolated it as per their procedures.
Firefighters then did a gas test to make sure the gas had dissipated before the service station re-opened with the isolation in place.
Firefighters, QAS and QPS left the scene at 8.30am.